Retina Pharmaceuticals is an importer and distributor of pharmaceutical products, ophthalmic products, medical supplies, medical equipment, laboratory reagents, sanitary and hygienic products, cosmetics and chemicals in Ethiopia. The company has been authorized by the Ethiopian Food and Drug Authority (EFDA) and the Ministry of Trade.
We import these products from trusted suppliers around the world. We deliver products for free upon customers’ request.
Products Supplied By Retina Pharmaceuticals
A. Pharmaceutical Products
We supply all kinds of drugs from prescription drugs to over-the-counter drugs in Ethiopia such as Drugs Cynovit, Dextrocuf, Evit 400, Flucoric, Haemoproct, I-profen, Jusprin, Laxolyne, Premosan, etc.
B. Ophthalmic Ranges
- Anti-glucoma drugs e.g. Pilocarpine Hcl
- Adjuncts e.g. Irrigating solutions
- Diagnostic drugs e.g. Sodium fluorescein
- Anesthetics e.g. Tetracaine
C. Medical Supplies
1. Self-Care: These are products which do not typically require a clinician to be present for their use. Hearing aids, diabetes management tools, and mobility aids are examples of self-care equipment used at home as part of a person’s daily routine.
2. Electronic: More devices become electronic every year. One major growth category we’re seeing now involves the electronic medical record (EMR), sometimes called the electronic health record (EHR). Not only are more companies developing the software to streamline the use of the EMR, but there are also several companies working on ways to store and transport the EMR.
3. Diagnostic: This type of equipment basically takes a biological or chemical measurement that gets recorded in the medical record and used for diagnosis, or to track therapeutic progress. Sphygmomanometers for recording blood pressure, ophthalmoscopes that are used in eye exams, and otoscopes to allow a clinician to evaluate the health of the outer and middle ear are a few diagnostic tools often used in exam rooms.
4. Surgical: Surgical supplies and equipment can include the stainless steel tools that surgical teams use in surgery, diagnostic scopes that surgeons insert deep into the patient’s body so that they can see in hard to reach places and disposable items they wear for personal protection from infection, such as caps, gowns, gloves, and glasses, as well as the gauze and drapes used to keep the patient clean and safe.
5. Durable Medical Equipment (DME): These include the various types of walking aids, transfer equipment, bath safety, and wheelchairs.
6. Acute Care: These are equipment and supplies used in hospitals such as Nursing care kits such as general purpose trays, minor procedure trays, wound and skin care kits, monitoring equipment, and non-surgical instruments are used on a daily basis in hospitals for patient care.
7. Emergency and Trauma: These are supplies for diagnostic and exam tools, wound care supplies, respiratory therapy equipment, minor procedure kits, and personal protective gear.
8. Long-Term Care: These include beds and mattresses, therapeutic chairs that serve various functions, mobility assistance products, incontinence management supplies, exercise equipment, and grooming and dressing aids, to name a few.
9. Storage and Transport: These are carts to store and transport equipment such as Case carts, storage carts, supply carts, linen carts, food carts, and procedure carts are some of the most common types needed in healthcare.
D. Medical Equipment
- Ultrasound and MRI machines
- PET and CT scanners
- X-ray machines.
- Critical Care Equipment
- Fall Management Equipment – Enclosure System Photo
- Infusion Therapy Equipment and Pumps
- Crib – Maternal & Infant Care Equipment
- Air Lateral Transfer System – Safe Patient Handling
- Patient Monitoring System
- Respiratory Therapy Equipment
- Therapy Surfaces and Hospital Bed Equipment
- Wound Care Therapy Equipment
E. Laboratory Reagents
High-purity chemicals for use in chemical analysis, chemical reactions or physical testing:
- Supplemental Apoptosis Reagents: A wide range of supplemental products for use with apoptosis assays.
- Cell Culture Media Supplements & Reagents: Culture media, growth supplements, coating agents, microplates, and more.
- Supplemental Cell Selection Reagents & MagCellect Magnet: MagCellect ferrofluids, erythrocyte lysing kits, and more.
- DNA Damage & Repair Enzymes: Used in vitro for detection of specific forms of DNA damage or for repair assays.
- Flow Cytometry Supplemental Reagents: Antibody isotype controls and supplemental staining reagents for flow cytometry.
- Immunohistochemistry Supplemental Reagents: Antigen retrieval reagents, cell and tissue staining kits, staining reagents, and more.
- Molecular Weight Markers for Western Blot: Biotinylated molecular weight standards for Western blot.
- Protein Purification Resin & Anti-poly Histidine Antibodies: Agarose beads and antibodies for the purification of poly-histidine-tagged peptides.
- Proteome Purifying Kits for Serum Protein Immunodepletion: Resins to deplete serum or plasma of high abundance proteins.
- Purified DNA for Hybridization: Highly purified DNA for Northern, Southern, and dot blot procedures.
- Secondary Antibodies: A wide range of species-specific secondary antibodies for flow cytometry, IHC, and biochemistry.
- Supplemental ELISA/Assay Products: ELISA-related products that can be used to develop complete, custom-built assays.
F. Sanitary and Hygienic Products
Chemicals used as sanitizers for food-contact surfaces in retail/food service establishments are chlorine, iodine and quaternary ammonium.
We also provide antiseptics, which are used against sepsis or putrefaction in humans or animals. Personal hygienic products may also include, soap, shampoo, cream rinse, hair products, razors (new blades), shaving creams, toothpaste and
- Eagleye Pharmaceuticals PLC
- Efenas Trading PLC
- Eyob General Clinic
- Kiya Dental Clinic
- Milcom Drug Shop (Jimma)
- Salitemihret Community Pharmacy (Addis Ababa)
- St. Gabriel Drug Shop (Awasa)
To be competitive in a global business environment
- To import and distribute world-class quality products at affordable price
- To save people’s lives who may have died due to shortage of medicine